| || ||The Client Service Facility in the library's reading room consists of 4 computerized working places for consulting and printing patent documents stored on CD/DVD-ROMs and using specialized patent databases in Internet. In 2010, the total number of searches, especially for inventions and utility models was 3942 (2533 in 2008).
Services provided at the Office's patent library - mainly free of charge:
- Provision of all kind of documents (patent specifications and official gazettes on different media, classifications, periodicals, theoretical literature etc.) in the reading room;
- Provision of information on the classification systems, legislation (national and foreign), international organisations and treaties, application and grant procedures, legal status, IP representatives and fees;
- Assisted searches for all IP rights in different IP resources, including internet databases of EPO, WIPO and the national patent offices (some of the automated searches are subject to payment in accordance with the official Price list of the Patent Office;
Paid services (on request) performed by the examiners - chargeable in accordance with the Price list of the Patent Office:
- Infringement search for patent rights in Bulgaria; searches by Subject; by Prior art; by Patents family; by Name ; by Legal status ;by Number search
- Drawing up of preliminary expert opinion on infringement of patent rights
- Information on patent procedures in foreign countries
- Issuance of different types of certificates
In 2010 were performed 92 searches for infringement of rights and state of the art for national customers and 686 searches for legal status, name, patent family and etc. and about 15000 for state institutions.
Under the Special Search Programme with EPO are provided - chargeable according to the Tariff of Fees for the provision of paid services in the patent searches field:
- Novelty search
- Patentability search
- State of the art search
- Search prior to raising objections against the patentability of the invention applied for, patent invalidation request (except for patents granted by the Patent Office of the Republic of Bulgaria), or a request for cancellation of utility model registration
- Freedom to operate search in the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria
- Searches in the national database - by name, number, IPC classes, legal status incl. licenses pledges, distraints and inclusion in the bankrupts estate
- Searches in foreign databases: by name, number, IPC
- Patent family searches
- Monitoring of predetermined technology fields
In 2010 under this program were performed 28 searches and 25 answers of questions
Under the WIPO- program "Patent Information Services for Developing Countries" were performed 18 searches for novelty and inventive step.
8927 sources of information were used in CPL in 2009 (9087 in 2008).The automatic searches using internal databases, internet and electronic collections were 3887 (4000 in 2008).
The Office's website provides a wide range of information including basic information on IP rights, filing and registration instructions, fee information and full texts of legal documents. All valid forms are printable.